For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28, 1988

Twenty-four years ago today, Hali was born.
Hali is my sister Lori's daughter - her first-born.


 Hali was a precocious little girl!
She was also extremely entertaining!

When she wasn't talking (which was rare)
she was singing.



Her Uncle Vance loved when Hali visited!


As she got older, my kids loved her too!
And they also found her entertaining!

Kerry and Adam still remember when she told them that airplanes have a Butt-Hatch. When people use the bathroom on a plane, it gets dropped out of the Butt-Hatch and falls to the earth below.  Gullible as they are at such a young age,  they remember running around with buckets when a plane flew overhead hoping to catch some droppings!
That's just how Hali is.  Imaginative, creative, smart - a natural story-teller!



Hali is all grown up now - 24 years old!
But not too old to ask for a birthday blog!

So here it is, Hali!


Oh, here is a more recent picture of Hali...

She's the one on the right, above the Butt-Hatch!

Happy Birthday, Hali!
We love you!

3 comments:

  1. best thing of my life!!! thank you Aunt Gayle, I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and so true! Hali is entertaining to say the very least! Love you girl and I know it's playing by the rules but I'm gonna say it anyways! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazeing. My favorite part of this is when she states that she needs a bath after her breath takeing preformance.

    ReplyDelete