For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Daughter is Fast!


Annie got an award this week!  An award for being FAST.

The fastest in the history of her high school, in fact.

Those fingers typed 130 words per minute in keyboarding class!
That is 130 words per minute with no errors (even more impressive)!
I firmly believe much of her fingering skills come from playing the piano.

I was trying to do a little research into typing speeds to put things in perspective.
I don't know how true this is, but I found the average American can type 30 - 40 WPM.
A professional typist (if there is such a thing anymore) types between 80 and 100 WPM.


Cortez Peters set a typing world record of 225 words per minute without a single mistake (an average of 18.75 keystrokes per second). His top recorded finger speed was 297 words per minute. Peters, along with his father, who was the world speed typing champion before him, developed special competition keyboarding methods and techniques that became the foundation of modern typing instruction worldwide.

The Cortez Peters typing program used at the high school only measures up to 130 WPM, so Annie couldn't even try to go any higher.

I have included a speed typing test for you to see just how fast you are!
Begin typing each highlighted word in the blank line below. 
The test will stop  when a minute is done and calculate your speed.
Good Luck!



5 comments:

  1. I really found very interesting about these topic because you have good content and unique thoughts on writing. So this might be useful to everyone. I really look forward some more updates. typing job for students

    ReplyDelete