For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, June 7, 2012

Roses are Red

When else do you get a chance to talk about the good and bad qualities of men with your daughters?
When do you get insight into what kind of man your daughter might be attracted to and why?
When would you ever get a chance to compare and contrast so many different guys with your daughters?
When are you able to scrutinize the words and actions of men trying to impress a woman?
When is a mother able to do all of these things with her daughters in a fun, lighthearted way?

Watching the Bachelorette, of course!

I understand that many people feel the show, The Bachelorette, is worthless television.
After all, is it really possible to fall in love in such unreal circumstances?

I admit I am glued to the TV every Monday night to watch The Bachelorette.

But I'm not watching alone.
Annie, Kerry and I watch it together.

All three of us love the current bachelorette, Emily Maynard.
It's fun to watch how she dresses for her dates (she's beautiful) and how she wears her hair.
We watch her face when she's on a date to try to predict who she will fall in love with.
We try to figure out who will get a rose, and who will be sent home.


Could it be conceited, arrogant Ryan who continues to show his true colors with every show?


 How about Arie? He seems very sincere, but I get a strange vibe from him.  Something about him bothers me.  Kerry too.



Or the handsome hunk, Sean who looks like he could belong to one of the Swiss families in our town?


One of the most disliked bachelors this season is Kalon.  We can't figure out why she's keeping him around this long.


 We all want Emily to find love.

Maybe she will.
Maybe she won't.

But we'll be watching every episode.

Watching and learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment