For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, October 24, 2011

Great Pit Bull Dane




What do you get when you cross a Great Dane with a Pit Bull?

You get a beautiful dog!

I had the pleasure of doing a photo shoot with a handsome guy named Boomer.
Boomer is the epitome of power, beauty, and grace in a dog.
And it was so much fun to try to capture him in action with my camera!

At times, he reminded me of a pit bull with his broad chest and head.




Then at other times he resembled a Great Dane.



I have to say the mix of the two breeds is amazing!



Watching him run was like watching a thoroughbred race horse...




And he loved to play ball! 





I have to say he was one of the most photogenic young men I have ever met!

12 comments:

  1. This is an amazing dog it looks like our old dog we use to have. Most beautiful dog ever. I want one so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey There Gayle,
    My name is Krystle, I am one of Cindy's great friends from waaaay the hell back in the day.
    I love your blog about her! :) Your photoshoot with Boomer is gorgeous!
    You have a beautiful blog here, I really enjoyed perusing through it all, you are quite precious!
    Keep it up always in any way possible~
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 2 yr old pit/dane, and she is AWESOME!!!! I couldn't ask for a better friend! She's smart (when she wants to be) absolutely GORGEOUS brindle baby, well behaved (she has run of the house even when no one is home and NEVER has any damage/mischief occurred) and she is also my 6 yr old grandson's BESTEST FRIEND! She is always anxious to greet a visitor with that hellish tail of hers (and that truly is the only way she would ever hurt someone) and some sloppy kisses. I adopted her at 9 mos old, and she was already trained, so I cant take any credit for that, but we have worked with her some more, and she picks up new things quick. She DOES however, like to backtalk if shes not getting what she wants (typical teenager!), hog the bed, and cuddle on a lap (yes, she thinks she is a teacup Chihuahua!) I wouldn't trade my girl for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our foster dogs looks just like this guy. The shelter says he's a "lab mix"--but they say that about most of their big dogs. "Duke" is black with long legs and white chest all the way up to his neck, and Pit Bull ears. He's very vocal, always "talking" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karla, We lost our Great dane bull "Jackson" on Sept 18th. He was the best dog I have ever had.....are you in the L.A. area?

    ReplyDelete
  6. may i ask if the sire is the apbt and the dam is the great dane. or the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coda had an all white mom that was danedull his fater was a red beefy pitbull.

      Delete
  7. I had wonderful boy that I had the pleasure to travel a 15 year journey with that looked like this majestic breed I think they are. He saved me from myself after my brothers suicide when I was thinking of doing the same and he has been gone 4 years and I traveled down that dark road again late one night then my phone beeped reluctantly I looked at it and this beautiful breed was on it as if my boy was trying to save me once again. I cried myself to sleep and woke the next morning to discuss this with my husband but he said they were just too big for our small place but I believe I will one day soon have my way and one will join me and my Pitbull Fiona bc just as the universe brought me and me and my boy together it will lead me to one of these majestic black beauties as it was meant to be in due time

    ReplyDelete