For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rise and Shine

This past week has been a lucky one for me.

I won $40 in a Superbowl Pool on Sunday!

And I won an $855.00 rug in a New Year's Resolution contest on Facebook!

The contest was by Company C, a rug/furniture/fabric/pillow designer and manufacturer.
If you click on the link, you can read my winning resolution and see the beautiful rugs they design.

I discovered Company C when I was looking for a colorful area rug for my new kitchen.

I bought "Wendy's Garden", a very happy and brightly colored hooked rug for under my kitchen table.

As the contest winner, I could choose ANY 4'6 x 6'6 rug of my choice.

I chose the "Rise and Shine" design.

It is soooo beautiful and cheery!
My rug was delivered yesterday...


The detail on the rug is amazing.

There are so many different textures and colors!




Maddie loves it too!

The colors look real nice with Halle's coat.




Here are a few more pictures without any pets...

Doesn't it make you happy just looking at it?

Thank you, Company C!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! And i love the pets too!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. SO colorful. It will look beautiful in your home, Gayle. And you definitely deserved to win!

    ReplyDelete