For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ecclesiastes 3:1

 Ecclesiastes 3:1



 I headed outside with my camera today to see what was going on in the yard.


For everything there is a season - WAIT!

This is not the season for my pink heather!



Nor is it the season for crocus spouts!







And certainly not time for new leaves on the rose bushes!






Well, Maddie will take care of that!








                             OUCH!


 


Check out my wooden cardinals.  I think someone wants to make friends!



And there are already weeds!
"Each leaf,
each blade of grass
vies for attention.
Even weeds
carry tiny blossoms
to astonish us."
- Marianne Poloskey, Sunday in Spring





The rhododendrons look like they're ready to burst open!
but the vinca has beat them to it!




I think Sami would rather be rolling around in the snow...


Halle really wasn't sleeping here - she blinked.


















Irises...

and Johnny Jump-Ups...




I don't want to sound like a grump, but I'm just not ready for Spring yet.

I love my garden, but I also enjoy  the time when it is asleep - kind of like a mother feels about her children.   I need time to do other things while it is napping!

I had a lot I wanted to accomplish this winter - INSIDE.
We have barely burned any of the wood that Vance hauled onto the back porch for the fireplace.
I'm still yearning for more cosy time watching TV at night snuggled under the afghan.

Spring.
Please go away.
For a little while longer.
It's not your time - yet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!

    That shot of the dog with you reflecting in the eye is miraculous! Sooo cool.

    Johnny Jump Ups are my favorite!
    And those wooden birds are too cute

    ReplyDelete