For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, February 16, 2012

HEART attack

 Heart Attack:  A heart attack occurs when blood flow to a part of your heart is blocked for a long enough time that part of the heart muscle is damaged or dies.


Valentine's Day is a day when you open up your heart to the people you love.

It's a day to make people smile.
To lift people up.
It makes you happy to make others happy.

That's the way it usually is.


For some people, however, their hearts are lifted
            by attempting to bring others down.
They thrive on negativity and criticism
           directed toward others.



Have you ever noticed how these people
           tend to surround themselves by other people
           who also enjoy spending their time picking apart
           the lives and good intentions of others?


Everybody gets daily opportunities, whether big or small, to give those around them a glimpse of their heart. I certainly hope when I show you my heart, it’s something worth seeing.

I made a decision many years ago that my life would benefit by surrounding myself with positive, strong, honorable, supportive, and loving family and friends.



No matter how hard you try,  negative hearts bring you down.

It's easier to be positive.
It's easier to build others up.
It's easier to show empathy.
It's easier to see the glass half full.


I don't claim to be perfect.  I make mistakes.
Everyone does.

For the most part, however, I try to take the easy way out!
Don't you wish everyone would?
Every Day.


“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
John Holmes

1 comment:

  1. Gayle, I love this! It takes so much energy to be negative while being positive and loving brings strength and joy~ Great post!

    ReplyDelete