For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fringe Effect

I've never been someone who likes to spend a lot of money on beauty procedures.

Most days, my nails are bare and short.  If I want to look nice, I do my own manicure or pedicure.  Why pay someone to do something I can do myself?

I go to the salon to get my hair cut every 3 or 4 months.  In between, I trim my hair myself.

There is one thing, though, that is well worth the cost of going to the salon.

Lash Extensions.

My sister, Lori, was the first to try them before her cruise last winter.
She raved about them so much, that I decided to give them a try in May.

I LOVE THEM!

No more mascara!
No more black raccoon eyes as the day goes on.
I wake up in the morning and look good!
I can go underwater at the beach.

And I discovered a HUGE added benefit.

NO MORE red, irritated, dry, bloodshot eyes!

My eyes were irritated by the mascara I was wearing.


This is a picture from this morning with NO MAKEUP!

The lash extensions are applied one by one by a trained beautician.
They fall out over time as your regular lashes shed,
so you need to go back every 2 or 3 weeks for a "fill".

Here are a few pictures of a lash that fell off this morning.


The extensions are longer, thicker, and have a nice curl.


The only downsides:

- You can't rub your eyes a lot.
- You need to be careful when washing your face
        that you are gentle with the eye area.
- You need to go to the salon for "fills" which take
   about an hour every two or three weeks.
-  The cost.  Initially, @ $250, then $50 per fill.




The extensions are applied only to the top lashes.
I don't even bother putting it on the bottom anymore, though.
Just a little eye liner and I'm set to go.


I go to Kristen at the Somers Day Spa.
You lay down on a soft bed.
Listen to relaxing music.
Sometimes I even fall asleep while she applies them!
Soooooooo worth it!


Here is a link to the Xtreme Lash website.

Also,  a few youtube videos.


This one is from the show "The Doctors":




 And this is another video of someone getting them applied.
You don't need to watch the entire clip - but watch the beginning
and end.









2 comments:

  1. Great!!! You can also get a new product from an opthamologist or plastic surgeon that is a topical which makes your lashes grow in thicker. Oh, heck, you have gorgeous eyes, anyway, Gayle!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I have noticed the older I get, the thinner my lashes have become :(
    Sounds like a great idea...but the price is going to have to go down a lot before I jump in :)

    ReplyDelete