For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why Do I BLog?

I faithfully read the blogs of people I know, but occasionally I branch out and read the blogs of total strangers - just for fun and to possibly get some ideas.  I am amazed at how many people are in the blog world! 

What do other people blog about? 

People blog about EVERYTHING!

I have read blogs about:

 - someone's journey through cancer treatment
 - an American woman who searches London for cupcakes
 - a writer who chronicles his book-writing experiences
  - someone who tells her life story through the eyes of her cat
  - a single dad tells of the things in life that make him laugh

The list could go on and on and on and on ..........

WHY do people blog? 

That list could be endless too. 

Why do I blog? 

I'll give you my top 10 reasons (in no specific order).

  1.  Blogging forces me to reflect on the important things in my life.

  2.  Being a quiet person,  it let's people get to know me.

  3.  It helps keep my kids in touch with home.

  4.  I love to write.

  5.  I love to take pictures.

  6.  It is fun.
 
  7.  Blogging makes me look at life in a different way.

  8.  I hope my readers can identify and be touched in a personal way by the things I write.

  9.  I plan to make my blog entries into a book so that my grandkids can read them.

10.  It is fun to look at the stat counter and see how many times each blog post was read by people all over the country (and the world).  It secretly makes me feel happy!



For whatever reason you read my blog....

thank you!











3 comments:

  1. All very good reasons to blog! I started blogging because of Reason #3, but now I think I blog for lots of the same reasons you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i started blogging at the same time as my mom, for reason #3 too...when I moved to Orlando almost 5 years ago now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all your reasons!! I started for #3 too! (except i don't have any kids!!)

    ReplyDelete