For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Halle is TWO!

Halle celebrated her 2nd birthday on 2 days ago.  I meant to get her birthday blog posted then, but circumstances beyond my control prevented me.  The circumstances?  She was suffering from a bad diarrhea attack which lasted a few days.  After cleaning carpets and giving her 5 or six baths, I think we have it under control. 

Halle came to us from Shadagrace Finnish Lapphunds in Winnipeg, Canada.  Two years ago I flew there to get her and bring her home.

Halle was an adorable puppy!

 She did what puppies do...







For quite a while, Sami didn't care much for Halle's exuberance.


And Tigger maybe lost a few pounds (maybe ounces) trying to chase her away!


Sharing was an issue too!


But Halle continued to grow.


Soon getting almost too big for my lap.




Her coloring changed constantly and kept us wondering what she would finally look like!


But as time went on,  everybody made friends.






Halle is very smart and loyal. And she LOVES attention!


Over the past winter,  her fur has thickened a lot and she is absolutely beautiful!



 These pictures were taken just this morning so Grandma Gloria in Winnipeg can see what our girl looks like!





Happy 2nd Birthday, Halle! 

You are all grown up!

We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...she IS beautiful! Happy Birthday, Halle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Halle! Your own blog entry! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the time she spent at the Mills house in her early life really shaped her into the adorable dog she is :)

    ReplyDelete