For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, April 1, 2011

Color me Purple!



The purple family—the most enigmatic of all colors-is a combination of the excitement of red and the tranquility of blue, the marriage of two diametrically opposed emotions. A critical balancing act always exists: which emotion takes the lead?
From passionate red-violets to strong, silent indigo purples, this is the rainbow's most complex color and so are the people who prefer it: artists, mystics, performers, designers, widely (and often wildly) divergent types who have one thing in common-they are nonconformists (or longing to be!).
It is no wonder that highly creative artistic types (as well as eccentrics) have a predilection for purple. They enjoy the uniqueness inherent in this extraordinary hue. 

Purple is Annie's favorite color!  Personally,  I like it in flower gardens, but I don't usually choose purple to wear or decorate my house with.

1.





2.




3.




4.




5.




6.




7.


 



8.



1.  A rubber glove for washing dishes
2.  A single blackberry (it really is dark purple, I think!)
3.  Antibacterial liquid soap
4.  A crocus bud in my garden
5.  A cat toy
6.  A pencil from Dr. Carbonneau's office
7.  Dryer lint

No comments:

Post a Comment