For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just a Minute!





 Start the timer.



Do you live by your "to do" list?

I do. 

If I really want to get something done,
        I put it on my "to do" list.  


I don't know about you, but for me, the best thing about having a "to do" list is crossing things off!

Have you ever put things on your "to do" list that you have already done just so you could get the satisfaction of crossing them off?  I have.

For me, there are good "to do" lists and bad "to do" lists. 



I sometimes have things on my daily "to do" list that get carried over from one day to another, maybe indefinitely!  This always happens when I put down something that takes too long - something that is akin to putting down "climb a mountain".

I find the best thing is to break up these larger tasks into multiple little tasks.

Tasks that only take a minute are best.



There are 1440 minutes in a day.  If you break down your list into "minute" tasks,  you could cross out one or two during a commercial of your favorite TV show! 

Short tasks are much less daunting.

The absolute BEST "to do" list looks like this:





How long did it take you to read this blog?

I bet it was less than a minute!

Put it on your "to do" list and cross it out!

I won't tell!

1 comment:

  1. Love that! And it only took me 39 seconds to read this.....

    ReplyDelete