For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Maddie!

My family actually accused me of getting a kitten so I could blog about it! 

Not true.

But I spend so much time during my day being entertained by her antics that I find it hard not to write about her.  And she is so much fun to photograph!

For instance,
I was in my bathroom the other day doing my hair and make-up...


    Maddie was inside a white plastic bag on the bathroom floor ready to pounce on the tempting cord of the curling iron!


Then she spotted something on the wall...

So I spend a few minutes making shadows move in the splotch of sunlight on the wall!



                            But then her "toy of choice" arrived. 


I really believe Tigger (aka Mr. Wiggles) secretly enjoys Maddie too.

    She's not one bit afraid of his sometimes gruff exterior.

He tries to play it cool most of the time, but she just doesn't let up!

 If he really wanted to, he could take her down easily
 like all those mice, moles, birds, chipmunks...

            But what she lacks in hunting/fighting experience,
                       she makes up for in agility.

    With his extra winter pounds and lack of exercise,
             Tigger is not moving very fast lately!

    And Maddie has really longgggggg arms!


  She can get in there for a quick punch in the blink of an eye!

 Tigger must read her body language.
 She flattens her ears when she is about to attack.


 When Tigger throws a punch,  she tucks and rolls!  Haha!
 Here she tried attacking from the other side, and it took Tigger a while to flip his 15 lb. body over!

 Yes, that orange furry blob with the legs sticking up is really a cat.

 Ok, now she's looking at the dog collar I have in my hand with the
                                dangling tags.

                           Oh,  &%$#@*?+!

              I'll have to remember to clip those razor sharp claws later!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah! This was hilarious!! LOVE the fighting pcitures, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun when they are kittens....and MUCH easier than puppies :)

    ReplyDelete