For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Color me Orange!





Ask anyone to name the color of a sunset and invariably the answer is "orange." The meaning of orange is inexorably linked to the sensations of radiant energy, heat and the glowing presence of the setting sun. The link between red and yellow, orange takes its traits from both. It is less passionate and intense than red, incorporating the sunny disposition of yellow.
The brightest tones of orange are seen as gregarious, fun-loving, high-energy. Cool orange simply does not exist. Everything about orange is luminous and hot. It is perceived as the hottest of all colors even more so than red because it takes its heat from two radiant sources, yellow and red.


From the above description of the color orange from the Pantone website,  orange is a pretty amazing color!  Again,  I had some fun taking pictures of orange things in my house.


1.




 2.



 3.



 4.




 5.



 6.


7.




 8.




 9.


All of these pictures are pretty easy to identify, but here goes:
1.    sweet pepper
2.    orange nail polish
3.    a pencil
4.    carrots
5.    a peeler
6.    a painting of a sunset (done by Annie)
7.    felted easter eggs
8.    the side of my glasses
9.    my water bottle


No comments:

Post a Comment