For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Color Me HAPPY!


I LOVE COLOR!

Color just makes me HAPPY!

I love ALL colors.  I don't have a particular favorite.
But I tend to have a particular affection for BRIGHT colors.  

When I scrapbook,  I find it hard not to use a splash of bright color on my pages. 

My love of gardening is based on my love of color.

And color is so important in photography.

Did you know there is something called Colorstrology? 

To explore Colorstrology to find your personal color,  go to

www.colorstrology.com

_______________________________________________________________


PANTONE is considered the worldwide authority of COLOR. 
The PANTONE Name is known worldwide as the standard language for accurate color communication, from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer, across a variety of industries.


Check out this new hotel in Brussels  -  The Pantone Hotel  -  so cool!



______________________________________________________________

 A really useful website that explores colors and color combinations is
      kuler.adobe.com




 On the Kuler site, you can explore so many different color schemes or make color schemes of your own.  This is very useful when redecorating a room!  

But one of the coolest things Kuler does for you is this:

Upload a photo to the Kuler site and it will give you a color palette based on your photo!

For example,  I took a picture of my salad yesterday and uploaded it to Kuler.


 Magically, it created the following color palettes!


 Mood: Colorful


 Mood: Bright



Mood: Muted


Mood: Deep

Mood: Dark





 And one more!

This is the comforter and pillow on Annie's bed.




 Mood: Colorful




Mood:  Muted


Mood: Deep



Mood: Dark


SUCH FUN!

Have a COLORFUL day!


No comments:

Post a Comment