For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Sunday, March 27, 2011

Color me Red!




Throughout history, red has signaled excitement, dynamism, danger and sex. It elicits the strongest of emotions in every culture: love and the pulsating heart; anarchy and the waving war banner; Satan and the martyred saint. It is the color of life and the color of evil, the color of danger and the color of excitement. Red's message is ardent and impassioned, never insipid. From the gentlest of shell pink to the deepest vibrant ruby red; at its warmest, it's romantic or passionate, at its coolest, it's mature, authoritative, regal. Red is commanding, whatever its shade. 


I love the color red!  It just pops right out at you and catches your eye wherever you are!  Here are some "red" things I found around my house this week.


1.


2.



3.


4.


5.


6.



7.


8.



9. 


1.  A red geranium in my kitchen
2.  Bodum cookie jar
3.  Red line on a golf ball
4.  Strawberry
5.  Tomatoes
6.  Red felt on piano on top of the keys
7.  Red mug handle
8.  Close-up of a gerbera daisy
9.  Bicycle lock



1 comment:

  1. I loved all the "color" posts, Gayle. My favorite has to be ORANGE. I love orange...I have orange stuff all over my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete