For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, March 25, 2011

Color me Green



For most people a green path leads inevitably to thoughts of nature. Mother Nature painted more green on earth than any other color. It is the hue of foliage, grass, and growing plants; of graceful sheltering trees, dappled meadows and clinging vines; the shade of forest and jungle. Green is so pervasive in nature that we never question it as a background for all other surrounding colors. Contrasting with purple pansies, pink azaleas, yellow daylilies, orange marigolds or red tulips (and any other color under the sun), leafy foliage greens are truly nature's perfect neutral. 

 I didn't write the above description.  I took it from the Pantone website.


 The other day I entertained myself with my macro lens searching the house for colorful things.  Today I'd like to share my "green" pictures.  It might be difficult to figure out what some of the pictures are.  I will tell you at the end of the blog.  Enjoy green!

 1.


 2.


3.



4.


5.


6.


7.


 8.


9.


10.


 11.




1.    Annie's comforter and pillow on her bed
2.    A magnet on Adam's magnetic board in his room
3.    My cute Easter sheep
4.    A box of  Kotex pads in their colorful wrappers
5.    Snap peas
6.    LOVE sculpture from Middlebury College
7.    The green sand at the bottom of a flowing hourglass
8.    My mom and dad's 25th wedding anniversary bowl
9.    Fake green grass
10.  The center of an hourglass
11.  Detailing on Annie's satchel

No comments:

Post a Comment