For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, March 28, 2011

Color me White!


White. The purest of the pure. White is unsullied, divine, pristine.
There is an innocence to white, a christening-dress kind of chasteness, an unsullied childlike naivete. It is traditionally the color of babies or brides. White can mean complete and absolute minimilism "whiting out" the environment so that there is a totally blank canvas. In pigment or dye form, white is referred to as achromatic, which literally means "without color." But if we think in terms of light, white contains all color.

White is fabulous!  It is so clean looking!  And it makes a great backdrop for color!

I bet you can't guess all of these "white" pictures!  


1.


 2.



 3.




 4.



 5.




 6.




 7.




 8.


1.  A nonpareil candy
2.  The cutting edge of a tape dispenser
3.  An emory board
4.  Paper towel
5.  Sea salt (unground)
6.  A fat globule in meat juice
7.  Queen Ann's Lace
8.  The cord on a window shade

1 comment: