For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, April 16, 2012

It Just Happened

I usually like to write 2 times a week, but for the past few days I've been grasping for inspiration.  It occurs once in a while, and usually something happens to get me jump-started once again.

It just happened.

As you know, we are in the middle of having 2 bathrooms renovated.  Most of our toiletries are in boxes keeping only the things we use on a daily basis within easy reach.

This morning, I ran out of Eye Make-up Remover.
I keep a small bottle handy to dip a Q-Tip inside whenever I need to remove smudges under my eyes.
I refill it from a larger bottle when needed.


So I went to the box of items in storage to find the larger bottle of eye make-up remover.
I refilled the small bottle, dipped the Q-Tip, and swiped it under both of my eyes.

Immediately, I knew something was wrong!

This was not my "gentle eye makeup remover".

The fumes were burning my eyes almost instantaneously!
I closed my eyes tight to try to stop the fumes,
but I think this made it worse.
Some of the liquid must have been forced into my eyes
when I squeezed them shut!

The bathroom is just across the hall.
I stumbled blindly into the bathroom and turned on the water.
Even in my distress, I realized what I had done.
As I put my eyes under the running water, I could envision myself
refilling my little bottle of eye makeup remover.

I recognized the familiar odor.

After flushing my eyes for a few minutes, they felt much better.
I went to the box to get the bottle I had used.

I SHOULD HAVE USED THIS ONE:


BUT INSTEAD I USED THIS ONE:

I am so thankful it was a more natural, acetone free version!

I am also very thankful I only used it UNDER my eyes!

If I had used it on the top lid, my lash extensions might have come unglued!
THAT would have been a disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment