For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Didn't Paint the Trim

The first half of my day today went as planned.
I spackled and sanded my wall trim, getting it ready to paint.
I washed door and walls, getting them ready to paint.
But I never actually painted.

Well, I DID paint, but not the trim and not the walls!

As I sat down to eat my lunch, 
I decided to search for something to hang on the wall in my new bathroom.
I found something on Etsy that I loved,
but I didn't want to pay the $295 price!

So I headed out to AC Moore and bought a frame
and some acrylic paint.



Then I went to Home Depot for wood.

 Next, I hauled the miter saw up from the basement to the garage
and cut the wood into pieces.

About an hour and a half later, I had finished cutting and piecing,
and it looked like this:


 But it wasn't done yet.
I still had to paint it!

It took another 4 hours to get all the pieces painted
and pieced back together.
It felt good to finish it all in one day!
 

 I like abstract things.
And I love color.

 It's all ready to hang
as soon as the counter top is installed
on my bathroom vanity.

I can't wait to show you my bathroom remodel!
When it's done.
Maybe Wednesday, I hope!

Tomorrow I'll paint the wall trim.
I got a little off-track today!

2 comments:

  1. wow, Gayle!! That is gorgeous!! What is amazing to me i that you saw what you wanted, you planned, bought, AND executed it in ONE DAY. A-MaY-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that on Pinterest and really want to try making one!

    ReplyDelete