For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Inspiration

We are currently in the middle of track season at our high school.  As with practically everything I do, I love to take pictures of the athletes and post them on Facebook for the kids to see.

As I look at the photos, I can't help but be amazed by their determination and grit. 

As I struggle with getting my own aging body into decent shape,
I see the effort these kids are putting into this sport, and it makes
me want to do better myself.

They INSPIRE me.

This athlete had never pole vaulted until this year.

 This is my daughter, Annie.
Your are witnessing the first time she made the sand pit in the triple jump.



Just look at the determination on the faces of these runners!


I think sometimes as we get older, we just don't try as hard.
We use our age as an excuse. 

A few seconds after I took this picture, #13 banged her shin into the top
of the next hurdle and was on the ground in a tremendous amount of pain. 

I also like to take pictures of the athletes when they are NOT competing.



Especially Annie!
She always seems to be surrounded by other kids,
either telling a story or reacting to one.

It's my secret challenge to catch her with a different expression
at every meet.

She makes me smile!

1 comment:

  1. quit spying on Annie. you're kind of a creepy aunt. :)

    ReplyDelete