For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Renovation - May 12



Not much happened today, other than the fact that it was my birthday! 51! I can't believe I am that old already. Steve came by and finished taking up a layer of sub-flooring in the dining room so the floor will be level with the kitchen floor when the hardwood is layed. He also told me that they will be able to duct my exhaust vent to the outside. That was good news. Tim, the electrician, stopped by to see what the rooms looked like without sheetrock so he had a better idea of what he needed to do when he starts next week.
Since there really was nothing new to take pictures of, I am posting a picture of the area rug I bought for underneath the new table. It is from CompanyC and the pattern is called Wendy's Garden. Next to it is a painting I bought in Middlebury, VT when we went to visit Adam for his birthday last month. It is reverse painting on glass, and it was done on an old window which acts as a frame. Very colorful and it pulls in all of the colors of the rug.

2 comments:

  1. Gayle: Happy belated Birthday.
    I can't believe you're that old either;
    you caught up to me, for a couple of months.
    If I had known I would have baked you a cake (or at least gone to Big Y) ;)
    In another couple of weeks you'll see it will really turn a corner and start coming together.
    Good news in the 'hood, I mean in regards to the hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 reasons not to worry that you are 51:
    1. You don't look a day over 35..seriously!
    2. You will always be younger than me..lol.
    Hope you had a great birthday..and I LOVE the old window laundry line painting.

    ReplyDelete