For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Renovation - May 24 - 27



Ok, so I spent an hour on the phone with my sister in Alaska and we looked at pendant lights simultaneously online and found a colorful pendant light we both liked. Then the next day, I showed Adam and he didn't really like it. After looking at the HGTV online site, I decided not to get a colorful light. I decided to get something simple and plain. I still haven't ordered anything yet, but I am leaning toward the plain frosted pyramid light (the clear whitish one).

This week, the kitchen was sheetrocked and taped and is in the process of being plastered.
The picture below is looking toward the garage door. There will be a transom window above the ovens to allow light into the mudroom area. Behind that wall is the area for coats and the entrance to the bathroom.
Also, I have included a picture of the barstools we have bought. We got the one in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment