For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Very Asian Thanksgiving


We had visitors for Thanksgiving this year!  Adam invited four of his friends
from Middlebury College to spend the Thanksgiving break with us.  Their
homes are too far away to spend the break with their own families, so they
became part of ours for a few days!

In the back row, left, is Wanning.  She is a freshman whose home is in
Singapore.  Jeff, right, is a senior, originally from Korea.  His family
relocated to Vancouver when he was young.  In the front row, left,
is another freshman named Ying.  Ying's family lives in Malaysia.
Next to Ying is David.  David is a sophomore from Seoul, South Korea.

They were the best kind of house guests - friendly, warm, helpful, appreciative,
considerate, and fun.  They asked a lot of questions about our culture and
traditions and were very willing to answer the many questions we asked
about theirs.

While they were here, they did a lot of studying around the dining room
table.


They also had fun.
They played games...

Rode the carousel in Bushnell Park...




Went bowling...

And took lots of pictures...


I am so very happy they were here to spend some time with us!


They were off to NYC on Saturday morning to spend the day and meet up
with more Middlebury friends.

I saw pictures of their exciting day on Facebook...







I saw these pictures on Facebook because they "friended" me.

It made me happy because I really do consider them my friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment