For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Some Like it Hot (except me)

Ok, I am a late bloomer when it comes to drinking coffee.

For the first 54 years of my life, I NEVER drank coffee.
I hated the taste of it.

I've always loved the aroma of coffee brewing, and I've
always wished I could enjoy a cup of coffee after dinner
with the other adults.

This fall I have made an effort to learn to like coffee.

To begin, I chose coffee from my homeland:





and chocolate from my homeland:


and made a mixture that I could drink.

I admit it was MUCH more chocolate than coffee!

And I put it on ice!


Yum!

I've since decreased the amount of chocolate, little by little.

And I am proud to say I am now drinking chocolate flavored coffee
instead of coffee flavored chocolate!  I feel so grown up!

Now that the weather has gotten cold, I've experimented with HOT coffee.

I'm having a hard time with the temperature, though.

There seems to be a VERY SHORT window of opportunity to drink it
while it is at a good temperature.

I don't want to burn my tongue, but if I wait too long for it to cool down,
it doesn't taste good either!  I end up throwing half of it away!

Any suggestions?

If I can't figure this out, I think I'll just go back to drinking it cold.

Maybe I'm not grown-up enough to handle it hot!



1 comment:

  1. Hi! First of all I would like to highlight the fact that you definitely have organized a marvelous website. In addition to that I want to ask you a question that is so curious to me. Have you ever participated in any blogging competitions?

    ReplyDelete