For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Meet the Oshiros!

If you're looking for a website to make your own Christmas cards
this year - you know, the ones with a pictures of your kids or family
on the front - then check out this one:

www.minted.com

We used them last year and it really paid off!

I got an email from a company representative in June.
She told me they really liked our family picture that
we used on the card and they would like to use it on
their website to show cards for the 2012 collection!

Wow!  I was so excited! 

After signing a photo release form that they sent,
I got a coupon for 25% off and a voucher for $150!

Sooooooo,  the 2012 collection is out!

There are a lot of pretty designs...






But,  meet the Oshiros...



I kind of like our new name!

I looked it up:

Oshiro is a popular family name in Okinawa, from the large castle of the former Okinawan kingdoms. This literally translates into "big castle"

In the United States, this surname ranks 9,791st out of a total of 88,799 Japanese surnames.

Thanks for reading!

Gayle Oshiro  :)


1 comment:

  1. Today is 2/2723. I woke up this morning with the name Gayle Oshiro on my mind. The name kept repeating and I had one thought that I should contact this Gayle Oshiro. Very strange, I had no dreams but this name was so strong I was almost compelled to contact you so here I am. My name is Michael S and I'm very curious to find out if there is something strange happening here.

    ReplyDelete