For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Am FLORed

I'm all about color.
I'm all about clean.
I'm all about simplicity.

I'm CRAZY about FLOR tiles!

What are FLOR tiles?

They are carpeting sold in 20" x 20" square tiles. 
The tiles are sold in a multitude of colors, textures, and patterns.
You simply buy the tiles you want, then stick them together with the sticky dots that are sent with your tiles.


You stick the tiles together, and, voila! 
You have a unique carpet, runner, or area rug.





My top 8 reasons to buy FLOR tiles.

1.  They are reasonably priced.  Most are priced at only $10 - $12 per tile.
2.  They are pretty!
3.  They have a non-slip backing so they stay in place.
4.  They can be cut easily to make a rug of any size, shape, or pattern.
5.  If you get a stain on one square, you can replace it without replacing the whole rug.
6.  If you move or want to change the look of the rug, you can take the tiles apart and put them back together.
7.  They lay very flat so there are no edges to trip on.
8.  There are perfect for nearly any room.


I recently removed the carpeting from my stairs and had the hard wood floor refinished.  I love the look of the wood, but it is very noisy and slippery, especially when the dogs walk up or down the stairs. 

This was the perfect application for FLOR.



It looks great.  It is fun and colorful.  And it was not very expensive at all!  I carpeted the stairs with only 12 tiles!





I also made a rug for the spot in front of my sliding glass doors where the dogs come in all the time.
Check out the FLOR website at www.flor.com

Here are some pictures from the website.

4 comments:

  1. Gayle,
    I LOVE the look! I get the Flor catalog, and drool over the colors. Your stairs look fabulous, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you stick the flor to your stairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not stuck down. The backing on the tiles is not slippery and they stay pretty much in place with normal use. Sometimes the dogs will knock them askew. It makes them easy to clean and vacuum.

      Delete
    2. You didn't use anything to stick the tiles down?
      I asked FLOR directly about the use on stair and they recommended glueing or nailing them down due to the backing material.
      Is it still working for daily use / dog life.

      Delete