For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Times

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.   ~Burton Hillis 

 I sent out my Christmas cards yesterday.

Our family card is a BIG deal in this family.
It's a tradition.
We are all involved in choosing a picture.


This year the theme was "Christmas plaid".
It was Kerry's idea that we all wear plaid flannel shirts.
I think it's the best picture to date.


But as I stuff the envelopes and put the stamps on, I always remember the past years, the past pictures.  


1991


1992


1993


1994


1995


1996


1997


1998


1999


2000


2001


2002


2003


2004  (The year the Red Sox won the World Series)

2005


2006


2007


2008


2009


2010


And this year - our Christmas plaid photo.  This is NOT the photo we chose for our card.  It's one of the out-takes.  It's a spoof on the Von Trapps in the Sound of Music when they sang "So long, Farewell" on stage at the festival and the kids popped out from behind the parents!


If you are on our list, your card is in the mail!






1 comment:

  1. Gayle,
    So fun to go back in time and really look at your family. Each picture is perfect! You are Blessed and you have done such a wonderful job raising your family. Lots of Love flows from each picture! May you enjoy a Blessed Holiday. love to all, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete