For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life's A Beach

 Where is the perfect place to go on a warm, sunny day in November?

THE BEACH!


Earlier this week, I spent 3 idyllic hours at the beach.
Just me and my dogs.


It was their first time at the beach.
It's too hot in the summer to take them.
Halle and Sami were VERY excited to be there.


As we walked along the shoreline, Halle kept tugging on the leash as she attempted to chase all of the seagulls perched in large groups on the sand.

The State Cross County Championship was being held at the park on the beach that day.
After each group of runners was finished, they came to the warm sand for a cool-down.


Inevitably, each of them ended up running at full speed into the cool water as they hooted and howled in delight!  It's hard to believe that only a week ago we were trudging through a foot of snow!

I even persuaded the dogs to walk into the ocean, but they wouldn't go any deeper than their bellies!

After walking for a few hours, it was time to head back onto the warm sand and lay down our blanket.
After watching the kids play a game of football...

Sami and Halle were ready for a little nap!

So we sat down to rest.  Ahhhh!  So peaceful and relaxing!

Sami rested his head on the warm sand.
As always, Halle chose to rest her head on me!
I will remember this day for a very long time!
Just me and my dogs!

3 comments:

  1. Gayle...the cutest pictures ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEF cutest pics of the dogs ever!!!!! I'm dying over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle that day looks like it is one to remember. How much we cherish our doggie friends. We all should take more days like that.

    ReplyDelete