For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What Day Is It?

"What day is it?" asked Winnie the Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh
                                                                     ~A. A. Milne


I have no regrets about discontinuing my photography business this summer.  None at all.

Instead, I have so many happy memories,  many which would not have happened if I was focusing on clients.


Like biking to Collins Creamery with Annie.


Tranforming Annie's bedroom to a more adult look.


Spending time with friends.


Watching girls who have been friends since childhood say good-bye as they each embark to distant states for their dream jobs.



Spending a beautiful day at the beach with Adam and Annie.



"Be present in all things and thankful for all things."  ~Maya Angelou


Tending my garden.


Taking care of my pets.
Halle is looking and acting like a puppy again
after 3 weeks on medication for hypothyroidism.


Momo, who was stressed from all the activity in the household (culminating in peeing in the middle of my bed)
is now much calmer thanks to a daily dose of anti-anxiety meds.


"Write it in your heart that every day is the best day of the year"
                                               ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Clothes shopping with Kerry.


Taking Adam's picture for his Columbia photo ID.
(new glasses or not?)


  Feeling sad that it will be quite a long time before the driveway will be this full again.

  
Watching Vance make pancakes for the kids the morning we moved Adam into Columbia.


Moving into the dorm.


"Happiness is not in another place, but this place...not for another hour, but now."   ~Walt Whitman


Selfie with my birthday present from Kerry.


 Bringing a very nervous daughter to a far-away state,


worrying about her after we left,



and relieved to see her Instagram post after her first day at work!


I'm happy to say
I've had so many "favorite days"
this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment