For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, July 29, 2013

The Color Purple

I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.... People think pleasing God is all God care about.  But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back. 

 ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple, 1982




 Some people find God in the beauty of the world around them.  
It brings peace to their souls.


Adam found the perfect spot on top of the boathouse this morning with his Bible and his journal.


He wasn't alone.   


There are way too few times like these in our days!

No comments:

Post a Comment