For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WWDD


You would think that when you're in your 50's you would have life figured out.  You'd think you could handle whatever life throws at you.

You'd think that you wouldn't long for the wisdom and strength and comfort of Daddy.

He's been gone now for 4 years, but he is ever present in my life.

Whenever anything needs fixing, I ask myself "What Would Daddy Do?"


Just having him in my life made me stand a little taller, feel a little braver, and sleep a little more soundly.



Sometimes I watch the slideshow that I made for his wake.  Depending on my mood, it can make me smile or it can make me cry.  But it always makes me feel closer to him.


I watched it today.  It made me cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment