For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, July 8, 2013

Look Who's Twenty-One!

It's hard to believe.

My daughter, Kerry, turned 21 yesterday!

We went to Burlington to celebrate with her.  (Annie had to work so she couldn't be with us.)

Kerry chose to go to a restaurant in Winooski called "Our House".

When the waitress came to take our drink orders,   we told her it was Kerry's 21st birthday.  She carded Kerry when she ordered a raspberry margherita.


I think the waitress felt honored to deliver her first legal drink.



 When I saw Adam and Kerry toasting with alcoholic beverages, I couldn't help remember when they were both so excited to drink out of the "Chip" cups after going to see Beauty and the Beast on ice!







Then we got our amazing dinners!


Kerry got lobster mac...


Adam got lamb meatloaf with mashed potatoes...


I got chicken pot pie...


 and Vance got lobster risotto.


Kerry opened up the card we got for her - a cat that sings happy birthday.


And a gift with a similar theme!




When the waitress packed up the leftovers to take home, she wrote a very nice note on the box!

                    
A picture with mom and dad,


and with her big brother!





On our way out,  there was a sign that made us think of loved ones who aren't with us anymore...


Then we headed back to Kerry's apartment for a scrumptious chocolate mousse cake...


a birthday wish on her bathroom mirror from Kerry's friend, Sam...


and a kiss from her special man...


I'm sure she'll be celebrating again without mom and dad, but I'm happy
we could spend time with Kerry on her 21st birthday.  We love her so much 
and are so proud of the caring, compassionate person she is.

We love you, Berra!














No comments:

Post a Comment