For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, September 29, 2011

If You're Happy and You Know It....


At the age of 52 (I think), I have had my share of loss:


bone density
hair
muscle tone
eyesight
memory 

I try to do whatever I can to slow down this aging process.
I take vitamins for my eyes.
I take calcium and vitamin D for my bones.
I do weight training at the gym for my bones and muscle tone
I wish there was something to do about thinning hair because I never had a lot to begin with!


I was sooooo happy when I read an article
the other day about how to increase brainpower!


It's a very simple thing that I can do anywhere, 
although it is much more fun with a partner.


Hand clapping games may be the answer 
to all of us aging baby boomers with failing memories!

A recent study has concluded that
clapping games build brainpower
for children AND ADULTS!

If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands
If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands
If you’re happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it,
If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands


 So clapping games aren't just child's play anymore.


College students are doing it!
Men and women!




People of ALL ages are doing it!


All over the WORLD!


So hop on the bandwagon!


You might be sorry in a few years if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment