For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shining, Gleaming, Steaming Flaxen Waxen

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair, shining gleaming steaming flaxen waxen. Give me it down to there, hair, shoulder length or longer, here, baby, there, mamma, everywhere, daddy daddy hair! Flow it, show it, long as God can grow it, my hair! 



Annie has had long hair for just about as long as I can remember. 


Over the past few years, it has been like pulling teeth for her to agree to let me trim an inch off the bottom.  She loves it really long so she can wear it in a ponytail, braid, french braid, messy bun or just plain down straight.

Over the past few months, however, she has voiced a desire to maybe get her hair cut - not just trimmed.  It seems like as soon as she says it, she changes her mind and decides against it.

Last night, we talked about it again.  When she woke up this morning, I asked her if she wanted me to make an appointment for her to get it cut.  She said YES.




We went to Studio549, where she consulted with Linda Pelletier.  Linda has been cutting our family's hair for many years.  They came up with a plan.

















Annie was a little apprehensive before she made the first cut.








In a matter of minutes, her long hair was gone.

















Linda showed her how to blow dry her new style...







And voila!




So beautiful!





Annie was verrrrry happy with her new look.



 Sooo pretty!




The last time her hair was this short, she looked like this...........



.......but now my little girl is so grown up!

2 comments: