For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Horse of Many Colors

 I took a LOT of pictures when I was in Alaska and I have been happily working on them since I got home, getting them just the way I want them.   My niece, Emily, really wanted a picture of her kissing  her horse, Tucker.  I have the picture, which I love, but it seems to call out to me that it needs a different feel to it.  So I have been experimenting with different color effects and I don't know which one I like the most...... What do you think?


 (Click on each photo to make it larger and it will be easier to view the full effect.)

Original photo without any effect

 
Effect: Anime  (has a little more contrast and a slight glow)





        
Effect: Blue Dawn  (colors not so bright)





 Effect: Fade to Black and White





 Effect: Halftone (it has a little grain to it)






 Effect: Antique






Effect: Diffuse Glow

4 comments:

  1. i like anime the best! cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diffuse Glow...it softens the whole moment. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is Blue Dawn!
    Adorable picture...and boy is Alaska GORGEOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. diffuse glow. makes is very dreamy...love that effect.

    ReplyDelete