For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, August 11, 2011

See What the Cat Dragged In

My cats have brought many little creatures into the house over the years.  We have a cat door from the deck to a screened-in porch and we sometimes leave the sliding glass door open from the porch to the house.

Mice, moles, and even chipmunks have been found running around INSIDE the house.

I can usually tell that something is awry when I hear the dogs' nails scraping on the floor as they run at high speed trying to catch whatever critter has been deposited in the house.

ON MONDAY MORNING THERE WAS NO SUCH WARNING.

And I was definitely not prepared.

We had just gotten back from vacation and I had loads of laundry to do.
So I went down the basement stairs.

It was a nice day outside, so I was very surprised to see Momo and Tigger laying in the dark at the bottom of the basement stairs.  I talked to them in a high, sing-songy voice, "What are you guys doing inside?  It's a nice day!  You should be outside!"

THEN I PROCEEDED TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM.

IT WAS DARK,  SO I REACHED AROUND THE CORNER AND FLIPPED ON THE LIGHT SWITCH.

Both cats had followed me into the laundry room.  I'm sure they wanted to see my reaction up close!

I SAW RED.  Lots of red.  Too much red.

I screamed.  I screamed so loud that I woke up the girls two stories above me.

My laundry room looked like a crime scene.

I will spare you the gory details (I blurred the bad parts of the pictures - I realize some of you might be eating your breakfast as you read this!)

So here it is................................






A very large rabbit!


 This is a very content Tigger watching over his 2nd breakfast of the day!


 There were little tufts of rabbit fur all over the floor, along with the red stuff.   There was even fur stuck on the front of my dryer.



 Oh, and here is one of the missing body parts!




 I was very happy that my husband had taken Monday off from work.  We put it in a ziploc bag and into the garbage.

We are wondering just how this cat managed to bring
a 3 or 4 lb. rabbit into the house and down the stairs
to the laundry room.

Did the two cats work together.

Did they wait until the coast was clear, or were we
in the kitchen eating our breakfast and just didn't notice?

Was the rabbit alive hopping around the house for a while
like all the other creatures that came before it?


Only one person can answer these questions.

And he's not talking.

2 comments: