For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, February 2, 2017

Two-and-Twenty - Annie's Other Smile


I write a "birthday blog" each year on the birthdays of my children.
Today is Annie's 22nd birthday!
As the years go on,  I sometimes struggle to come up with a theme
for the birthday blogs that I haven't done before.  Last night,  I looked
back to prior years in search of inspiration. 
 In 2016,  I wrote about Annie's smile.  She has a great smile!

Take a look back to last year's blog here!
Almost all of the pictures were depicting Annie's "big" smile.

This year I'd like to focus on Annie's "other" smile.

She's had it since she was very young.





As I looked through so many photos from the past,  
I wondered just when Annie uses her "other" smile.



Perhaps when she is being flirty?





Or maybe when she feels proud of herself?





Or possibly she's extremely excited but a little unsure of herself?


Maybe it's when she's surrounded by people she loves.


I know that sometimes it is very mischievous!



Whatever the circumstance,  I love it!
Her smile makes me smile.































Today,  on 2/2 Annie turned 22!

Wow!

There have been many times during the past year
when Annie's smile hasn't come as easily.

I'm glad those times are now in the past.

The coming year will be a time of endings
and new beginnings.  Annie will graduate in May
and move on to a new time in her life.

The best thing about a smile is
she can take it with her wherever
she decides to go next!

Happy Birthday, dearest Annie!
Keep on smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment