For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Twenty-One Years of Annie's Smile

On Groundhog's Day in 1995,  my youngest daughter, Annie, was born.
Twenty-one years ago.  When I think of Annie, the one thing that
sticks out in my mind is her big smile that lights up her face!

Today, on her 21st birthday, I picked one picture of Annie 
from each year of her life so far.   Each picture shows
Annie's wonderful smile as her face matures into adulthood!























Annie, your smile lights up my life.
I look forward to thousands more smiles in the years to come!
You are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment