For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chums


Everybody needs a best friend - someone who "gets" you.

A confidant, ally, comrade, sidekick, pal, wingman, bosom buddy.

Kerry and Jojo are all of the above and more.


It's fun to be around them when they're feeling silly...


And even when they're not.


The other day,  Jojo was in a bad mood.
Kerry can be rather irritating sometimes,
especially when you don't feel like laughing.
Kerry kept looking at Jojo and repeating "Why so glum, chum?"
It made me smile.
It took Jojo a little longer than me,
but after enough repetitions, a little bit of the glumness went away.

That's just how Kerry is.


She wears you down by being so irritating - and funny!

For instance, I can't count how many times this summer she donned her black glasses
and her pillow and asked"What animal do I look like?"

The answer is "A giant squid", but she keeps asking until you answer her!


Jojo and Kerry have fun together, whether they're giving a friend a wedgy...


playing volleyball...


or just hanging out watching TV (which they do A LOT)
.


There is no doubt in my mind that their friendship will stand the test of time.


because they are chums.

Best chums.

No comments:

Post a Comment