For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Pregnant Pause



In many ways, I feel the same today that I did 20 years ago. 

My life was about to be turned upside down. 

I wanted that child badly, but was I ready?

I was tired.  I was trying to get the house clean so that there would be less to do "afterward".

The house was about to be filled with everything a baby needs.

And I knew that my time would not be my own for a long time.


IT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.


Adam and Kerry have both been away at college all year.

We bring Kerry home tomorrow and Adam on Sunday.

And we bring home everything that has been stuffed into both of their dorm rooms.

I have to admit that as much as I have missed them,  I have not missed the extra cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping that goes along with 2 more bodies in the house.

It has actually been kind of nice.

But just like 20 years ago,  I know I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment