For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Sunday, June 20, 2010

Renovation - June 20





The 2nd coat of polyurethane was applied to the floor at the end of last week. There has been a delay in the arrival of the new refrigerator. I am hoping it will come on Monday. I believe the countertops will be installed on Tuesday. But in the meantime, I will show you a few of the things that are yet to be installed.

The kitchen sink is a beautiful 16 gauge stainless steel sink by Julien. It will have a door on the side wall of the sink to store sponges and things out of sight. That was big selling point, plus it is a really heavy weight stainless with a beautiful finish. I fell in love with it when I saw it. We got a one-bowl rectangular sink with pretty sharp corners - a contemporary look.

The ovens are all Miele Masterchef. We will have a double oven, a microwave, and a steam oven.
The cooktop is the 30 inch Miele induction cooktop which will be located in the island. We will have a hood over the cooktop.

And I just ordered a mirror for the bathroom from West Elm. It is not really contemporary, but it has an interesting look to it. I think it has dark brown trim, so I might have to paint it to go with the black cabinet, but I will wait and see when I get it.




3 comments:

  1. LOVE your hood for the island, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lyndsay! Hopefully it will be installed tomorrow! The countertops are coming tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it all put together! It's going to be beautiful..you might even wake up in the middle of the night and find me cooking in that kitchen..lol.

    ReplyDelete