For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, June 4, 2010

Renovation - June 1 - 4





This was the week for the hardwood floors to be installed/repaired/sanded and the first coat of polyurethane applied. This was all done by Wednesday afternoon. The odor was pretty bad Wednesday night, and we opened up all of the windows. There is now hardwood in the dining room and bathroom in addition to the already existing kitchen and family room floors.

This morning, Nutmeg delivered all of the cabinets so they are here when they begin installation on Monday. I LOVE them! Most of the cabinets are black with horizontal grain with the exception of the oven cabinets and around the refrigerator. I chose Benjamin Moore Split Pea for those cabinets. I thought they would break up the blackness and also provide a pop of color. They really look nice next to the black. Also, the top cabinets on the pantry wall have brushed aluminum frames with frosted glass inset. So the only black in the kitchen is below the countertop.

Here are a few pictures!




2 comments:

  1. Gayle..the floors look fantastic! And I LOOOOOVE the cabinet color...can't wait to see the next update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happened Monday & Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete