For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, January 13, 2017

Living Joyfully


Before the holidays,  I came across this decal with the words "live joyfully".


This message is one that I try to live by, but I sometimes
need reminding.  So I decided to put these words in a place
where I will see them frequently throughout my day -
on the window in front of my kitchen sink.

I cherish and value whenever all of my children come home 
and my family is together.

Even more important,  each of us feels the same way.

But especially during the holidays,  I believe we all try even harder
to boost each other's joy and diminish each other's hardships.

We become less self-centered.
We are more agreeable.

We do things we might not choose to do on our own
because it makes another family member happy
or relieves their burdens.

We make each other laugh.

We give comfort.

We "live joyfully".

I'd like to share pictures of our times of "living joyfully" during this Holiday season.




Our annual cookie decorating contest.

Annie won 1st place this year with Charlie Brown and Linus.
She also took 2nd place with the Grinch.
Kerry took 3rd place with the Rainbow Fish.



Popping a champagne cork across the front yard for Christmas morning mimosas...




Catching up with long-time friends...



Enjoying the glow of Christmas lights and candles.


A cold-weather hike with my son and the dogs.



Appreciating our pets...











The joy of "tiny" stocking stuffers!






When my kids man the camera...





Hand-made gifts...




Joyfully anticipating your sister's reaction to your gift...







Opening the perfect gift from your family...






Playing with toys...




And time to rejuvenate.



#blessed

1 comment:

  1. This is so perfect, Gayle...sending love to you and your family, and wishing you all happiness for the new year and always!! Rosie hugs, Marci

    ReplyDelete