For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Saturday, January 7, 2017

A VERY Unexpected Christmas Eve Surprise

Christmas Eve dinner is traditionally held at my mother-in-law's house,
and this year was no different in that respect.
What was about to happen after dinner, however, we had no clue.
It was definitely very non-traditional!

It began pretty sedately.  We took some family photos while we were waiting 
for dinner to be ready.






After dinner was over,  my mother-in-law disappeared.


Minutes later, an elf emerged from the bedroom,
and she looked very familiar!


You see,  she had recently performed as part of the "Dancing Elves" troupe 
in New York City with her 3 sisters and brother-in-law.  
You might have seen them in Times Square,


entertaining on the streets,


 in the subway stations,


and even on the rink in Rockefeller Center.

I think her moments of fame and fortune must have gone to her head,
or maybe she just wanted to go solo.


We were treated to a dance show by an 85 year old elf!




After the show,  she posed for pictures with her fans.








Vance's cousin, Janis, had made the "elf" video a few weeks before Christmas
and emailed the link to everyone in the family.

While it was all very funny at the time, 
I just discovered something even funnier.

My husband was just looking over my shoulder to see what I was writing about,
and I scrolled through to allow him to read this post.
He was confused when he saw the photos of the video.

HE HAD NEVER SEEN THE EMAIL
and
HAD NEVER SEEN THE VIDEO.

When his mother had appeared in the elf costume on Christmas Eve,
he had no idea why.

He said, "I just thought she was losing her noodle!"

LOL!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love this posting you guys look like you had a great time. Family is great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete