For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy National Puppy Day!

In honor of National Puppy Day 2015,  I'd like to share with you a puppy product that my dogs LOVE.  It's the Snoop treat dispensing dog toy by Planet Dog.  In 2013, it won the Gold Award for Best New Product Innovation at the Total Pet Expo, and I can understand why.

The Snoop is a flexible, rubbery, bouncy vessel that you put dog treats inside.

You can open up the neck to load it up or wash it out, but I usually just keep it folded down...




The treats stay in the folded section until the dog rolls/bounces it around just the right way so a treat can fall out.  


When I gave it to Sami,  he could see and smell the treats but kept trying to eat them by sticking his tongue inside.  This is almost impossible.


Sami kept looking at me,  pleading with me to just give him the treat!


Then I let Halle try. 


She, too, attempted to lick them out.


Then she tried using her paw.  The Snoop began rolling around the room.


You could tell she was trying to figure this puzzle out.


I think Sami was sticking close in case Halle was successful and he could grab it before she got to it!


She pushed it with her nose to make it roll.




Maddie was watching the action too.


When a treat would come out,  she became even more enthusiastic about this "game".


Four treats kept  her busy for about 15 minutes!

I highly recommend the Snoop by Planet Dog.
I almost didn't buy it because it cost $18.99, 
but I am now very happy with my purchase.
And so are my puppies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment