For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, February 2, 2015

The One Where Annie Turns 20!


I think watching TV together is our "thing".
We originally bonded over seven seasons of "Gilmore Girls".  But as she grew up,  we moved on to mother/daughter bonding over episodes of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette".

As Annie turns 20, we are currently about halfway through a TV series that actually aired its first episode when she was in utero! Who would have ever thought I would be watching it with her twenty years later?

If you were ever a fan of this series, you probably know what I'm talking about by the title of this blog post. If not, you will definitely know if I mention it's main characters:

 Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Joey, Phoebe, and Monica.


Just as the Gilmore Girls introduced Annie to her teen years,  Friends is bringing Annie into her 20's.  Considered a little racy in its infancy,  the characters are pretty tame when compared to today's standards.  They don't swear.  They don't drink much.  They strive to work and make something of themselves. And they bond over drinks, but their drink of choice is coffee (just like Gilmore Girls!).
But more than anything,  they define what it means to be a friend.

 As Annie enters her 20's,  I feel our relationship changing.  We'll always be mother and daughter,  but we are now becoming friends too.









I'd like to wish you a very happy 20th birthday, Annie!
You are beautiful.



You're fun...


You're funny...

And I'm proud to call you my "friend".


I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

1 comment: