For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, February 13, 2015

Just the Two of Us

A lot of forethought has gone into this year's Valentine's Day blog.

If my husband wondered why I was taking so many selfies of the two of us this past year,  he never asked.  And gratefully, he never complained either - even those times when it took 4 or 5 tries to get a decent photo where we were both in focus and looked semi-good. 

If it wasn't for my iPhone,  we probably wouldn't have very many pictures of the two of us together.  For most of the year,  it is just the two of us.

I actually didn't begin this crusade until September, 


but this first one was from earlier in the summer at a James Taylor concert at Tanglewood.



This was in Westport at a food festival in September.  


Happy after eating our way through the states buildings at the Big E!


In the mist of Niagara Falls.


On a cold fall day on a CT beach after a lunch of lobster rolls.


At the Burlington waterfront to watch the sunset.


On a winter hike with the dogs at Valley Falls.


On our recent trip to Hawaii.


Drinking lemonade in Kapaa on Kauai.


On Hanalei Beach on Kauai.


At Waimea Canyon on Kauai.


Driving our rental car - convertible - on Maui.


Hiking the Pipiwai Stream trail on Maui.


Relaxing on the beach in Kauai.


Happy Valentines Day to my one and only.

It's been a year of change, loss, struggle, and celebrations.
(though, couldn't that be said about every year?)

Through it all, we remain strong.
I love you more than ever!

P.S.  The selfies will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment