For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Saturday, November 1, 2014

Getting Things Off the Cloud

My iCloud storage has filled up, so I backed up the photos on my iPhone today to get them off the cloud and onto my hard drive.  It's been two years since I cleaned it off last, and it was so much fun looking back and remembering the not-so-memorable little moments from the past years.

When you take a picture with a camera phone, it has a whole
different quality than those taken with a real camera.

Most often pictures are not exceptional in composition or image quality, but they have a special quality nonetheless.


People are more relaxed in phone pictures.  Pictures are mostly taken without a lot of planning or worrying how you look.





Many of the pictures on my phone were sent to me by my kids to let me know what they are up to.





 Sometimes I send cute pet pictures to the kids...


or pictures of what their dad and I are doing...





Kerry frequently sends pictures of her kitten, Fletcher.  Very frequently.





Adam recently wanted to know if I liked this coat he was thinking of buying...

I sent pictures to my sister and niece to ask their opinion when I was dress shopping last summer...


I can't count the number of times the kids have called for recipes, so I just take a picture of the recipe card and send it along to them in a text...


My phone camera came in handy when I visited my aunt and uncle in Vermont this fall...



We all thought Adam was joking when he texted this picture to all of us last month, but it was for real.

Kerry sent me a picture from the inside of my favorite college bar (hers too!)


and Adam sent this beautiful night scene from Columbia...


I would never know what Mel's new bunny looked like without a texted photo...

And lastly, one of the coolest things I've seen lately.  Adam shops at a Whole Foods in the city where there are two floors.  This is a picture of the side-by-side escalators for people and shopping carts!


My phone is all cleaned off now, 
ready to be filled with more little snippets of my life.
I can't wait to see what they are!



1 comment:

  1. If you're as much of a shutterbug as I think you are, then it really doesn't surprise me that your Cloud storage has already filled up. Hahaha! I'm glad you managed to back your files up into your hard drive. Anyway, I kinda agree with you that people seem to be more relaxed when their photo is being taken using a phone. I wonder what's the psychology behind that? It would be very interesting to know, right? :)

    Lillian Walker @ Taylor Works

    ReplyDelete