For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

15 Things I've Been Doing (while I haven't been blogging)


Take a break...

People take breaks all the time.  Respite.  Time off.  Rest.  Hiatus.

I'm the type of person that, no matter how much I like something, after a while I need a break.

I need a change.  Not forever, but for a while.

Until I miss it.

Then I can begin again with a new outlook and renewed enthusiasm.

I took a break from blogging for most of August and September, but now I feel like I am ready to begin again.  Because I miss it.

Here's a glimpse at what I've been doing while I've been gone.

1)  Taking pictures.

Annie and her friend Sabrina wanted pictures with their instruments...







2) Knitting a throw for Annie's dorm room.

 
3) Bringing Annie to school.



4)  Taking in the mail - for Sami.



5)  Enjoying a visit from Kerry.




6) Walking the dogs


 7)  Bathing the dogs.


 8)  Cleaning the dogs' teeth.


9)  Chauffeuring the dogs.


10)  Doctoring the dogs.


11) Going to the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, MA.


12.  Being constantly amused by Maddie.


13)  Biking - I've found my favorite form of exercise!


14)  Appreciating God's creation.


15)  Eating, eating,  and eating at the Big E.

No comments:

Post a Comment